Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lunch

I am not a fan of school lunches and luckily for the most part neither are my kids. School lunch has very few choices of real food that isn't processed. One day my 7 year old came home after eating at the school and said "mom the broccoli had this gross orange sauce on it (processed, canned cheese) and the peaches were in hello." Another day my 12 year old came home to tell me they ran out of fruit so you could choose fruit loops as a fruit side. Lovely! I do let my kids choose school lunch once a week and some weeks they have it and some weeks they don't. So here is what they had today. 1 chicken and cheese taco in an organic flour tortilla, peas, grapes, a homemade cookie, and almonds 2 avocado with organic corn chips, peas and grapes 3 avocado, chips, pleas, peppers, grapes, and a homemade cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment